RAYUS Pain Care
The RAYUS Pain Care team specializes in evaluating pain and underlying conditions to identify which tests and treatments will best resolve your pain. If appropriate, medications may be prescribed on a short-term basis to allow you to tolerate your therapies and ease your current pain.
- RAYUS Pain Care is proud to serve patients in the Minneapolis/St. Paul and Central Minnesota communities. Comprehensive RAYUS Pain Care services are offered in Blaine, Burnsville, Coon Rapids, Sartell, St. Louis Park, Shakopee, and Woodbury.
- RAYUS Pain Care accepts most major insurance plans. Our patient advocates can help you review your insurance policy and determine coverage options that are best for you.
What You Need to Know
After evaluation by a RAYUS Pain Care Specialist, your treatment plan may include:
- Medical imaging. Used to help identify the cause of your pain.
- Diagnostic injections. Defines the source of pain more precisely and may temporarily decrease pain.
- Therapeutic injections. Used to diagnose and treat pain originating from the spinal nerve roots. Designed to reduce symptoms and decrease inflammation, which can result in longer-term symptom relief. Symptom relief from injections allows you to complete physical therapy or chiropractic care (if recommended by your care provider) with less pain.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapists can help improve mobility and functional ability via specific exercises, manual therapy, education and other interventions.
- Medication management. As part of your overall treatment plan, medications might be prescribed for you with the intent of improved outcomes and pain relief.
- Behavioral health services. Chronic pain can lead to depression and anxiety that can delay your recovery if not evaluated and addressed. RAYUS Pain Care offers access to a trained behavioral health practitioner to help you cope with pain.
- Neurostimulation. Neurostimulation is an advanced chronic pain therapy that uses electrical pulses to specifically target areas along the spine. These pulses are designed to block pain signals traveling through the nervous system from reaching the brain. Unlike other chronic pain treatments or surgeries, you can experience neurostimulation on a trial basis to see if it relieves your pain.
- Surgical consultations. In some cases, surgical consultations may be recommended.
- Will you prescribe medications? Yes, our care team may prescribe medications to allow you to tolerate your treatments and ease your pain when appropriate.
- Will you prescribe medications on a long-term basis? Our goal is to resolve your pain. Medications may be prescribed on a short-term basis to allow you to tolerate your therapies and ease your current pain if appropriate.
- For questions about specific medications, please call one of our pain care centers.
What to Expect
- We’ll give you a call before your appointment to talk through preparation instructions and your past imaging exams.
- Be sure to tell us if you are pregnant, nursing, or if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. If instructed to do so, please bring prior imaging results with you.
- You will first meet with a RAYUS Pain Care team who will evaluate your pain.
- From that evaluation, your individualized care plan will be developed.
- Based on your diagnosis and unique needs, your care plan could include several recommendations, including periodic re-evaluations at RAYUS Pain Care.
- We will keep your referring doctor informed throughout your care plan to ensure seamless care.