James Schumacher, MD
James Schumacher, MD is a board-certified musculoskeletal and neuroradiologist with Medical Scanning Consultants, PA. Dr. Schumacher provides professional physician services for RAYUS Radiology, serving our Federal Way, Lakewood and Puyallup outpatient centers. Previously, Dr. Schumacher served as medical director and chief of radiology for the Department of Medical Imaging at St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville, TN. As a leader in his field, Dr. Schumacher has worked as an instructor of vertebroplasty for Stryker Medical Corporation, an innovator of this pain management procedure. Dr. Schumacher offers additional expertise in Regenerative Medicine procedures.
- Undergraduate: David Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN
- Medical: University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- Internship: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Residency: Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Fellowship: The Neurological Institute of Columbia University, New York, NY; Brigham and Women’s Hospital of Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA (neuroradiology); Center for Diagnostic Imaging (musculoskeletal)
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Society of Spine Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
Fishing and boating.