Murray A. Solomon, MD
Murray Solomon, MD is a board certified neuroradiologist and medical director with Bay Area MRI Medical Partnership. Dr. Solomon provides professional physician services at Insight Imaging. He was the first radiologist between the city limits of San Francisco and Los Angeles to open an outpatient radiology facility. Since 1983, Dr. Solomon has read more than 100,000 MRI scans, making him one of the most experienced readers of magnetic resonance images in the United States. He has given lectures on MRI throughout the world. Dr. Solomon has special expertise in reading MRI scans of the brain, spine and musculoskeletal system. Dr. Solomon helped bring the first outpatient 3T MRI Unit to Northern California.
- Undergraduate: UCLA
- Medical: University of California San Francisco in San Francisco, California
- Internship: Barnes Hospital Washington University
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology and MRI fellowship at University of California San Francisco in San Francisco, California
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- California Medical Association
- San Mateo County Medical Association
- Santa Clara County Medical Association
- Carlson, J., Rothschild, P., Solomon, M. Artifacts. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Children. 1990.
- Hesselink, J.R., Press, G.A., Solomon, M.A., Spoto, G.P. Intracranial Ependymoma and Subependymoma MR Maifestations. AJNR. 1990.
- Solomon, M.A. MRI of the Knee: A Clinical Review. Current Concepts in MRI. 1988.
- Oloff-Solomon, J. & Solomon, M.A. Computed Tomographic Scanning of the Foot and Ankle. Clin Sodiatr Med Surg. 1988.
- Oloff-Solomon, J. & Solomon, M.A. Special Radiographic Techniques in the Evaluation of Arthritic Disease. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 1988.
- Li, F.C., Muroff, L.R., Quencer, R.M., Smith, A.S., Solomon, M.A., Stonesifer, K.J., Weinstein, M.A., Wener, L. Association of Heterotopic Gray Matter with Seizures: MR Imaging Work in Progress. Radiology. 1988.
- Brown, R.K.J., Lufkin, R.B., Pusey, E., Solomon, M.A. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Artifacts Mechanisms and Clinical Significance. Radiographics. 1986.
- Newton, T.H., Solomon, M.A., Stimac, G.K. CT and MR of Angiomatous Malformation of the Choroid Plexus in Patients with Struge-Weber Disease. AJNR. 1986.
MRI is his life but he also enjoys the movies, playing tennis and foreign languages.