Blake Johnson, MD, FACR
Blake A. Johnson, MD, FACR is the national medical director, director of neuroimaging and director of regenerative medicine with Medical Scanning Consultants, PA. Dr. Johnson provides professional physician services at RAYUS Radiology. Before joining Medical Scanning Consultants, PA, Dr. Johnson was chief of neuroradiology at David Grant Medical Center. He also served as assistant clinical professor of radiology at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Johnson completed both his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Following his residency in diagnostic radiology, he completed a neuroradiology fellowship at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona.
Dr. Johnson has authored and co-authored numerous articles and chapters in professional publications, including Journal of Neurosurgery and American Journal of Neuroradiology. He has lectured at national and international conferences on a broad spectrum of central nervous system imaging topics and spine pain management. Dr. Johnson’s professional affiliations include the American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Society of Spine Radiology and the Minnesota Medical Association. He also is a senior member of the American Society of Neuroradiology, and past president of the Clinical Magnetic Resonance Society.
- Undergraduate: University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, California
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology fellowship at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona
- American College of Radiology
- American Society of Spine Radiology
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Radiological Society of North America
- Senior member of the American Society of Neuroradiology
- Johnson BA, Drayer BP, Anderson RE, Braffman B, Davis PC, Deck MD, Hasso AN, Masaryk T, Pomeranz SJ, Seidenwurm D, Tanenbaum L, Masdeu JC. Progressive neurological deficit. AmericanCollege of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria. Radiology 2000 Jun; 215 Suppl:437-57.
- Johnson BA, Schellhas KP, Pollei SR. Epidurography and Therapeutic Epidural Injections: Technical Considerations and Experience with 5334 Cases. AJNR 1999; 20:697-705.
- Harrison MJ, Johnson BA, Gardner GM, Welling BG. Preliminary Results on the Management of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms with Magnetic Resonance Angiography and Computed Tomographic Angiography. Neurosurg 40:947-957, 1997.
- Johnson BA, Fram EK, Johnson PC, Jacobowitz R. The Variable MR Appearance of Primary CNS Lymphoma of the Central Nervous System: Correlation with Histopathologic Features. AJNR 18:563-572, 1997.
- Johnson BA, Heiserman JE, Drayer BP, Keller PJ. Intracranial MRA: its role in the integrated approach to brain infarction. AJNR 15:901-908, 1994.
- Johnson BA, Fram EK, Drayer BP, Dean BL, Keller PJ. Evaluation of Shared-View Acquisition Using Repeated Echoes (SHARE): A New Dual-Echo Fast Spin Echo MR Technique. AJNR 15:667-673, 1994.
Traveling, skiing and listening to music.
Find Blake Johnson, MD, FACR at:
- RAYUS Radiology – Burnsville, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Blaine, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Eagan, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Coon Rapids, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Maple Grove, MN
- RAYUS Radiology and Vascular Care – Maplewood, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Mendota Heights, MN – *Closed*
- RAYUS Radiology and Vascular Care – Woodbury, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Lakeville, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Roseville, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – St. Louis Park, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Eden Prairie, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – Plymouth, MN
- RAYUS Radiology – St. Paul, MN – Highland Park