Pain Consultation Services
If you are dealing with challenging pain, have plateaued and wish to explore other options than surgery, RAYUS offers specialized pain consultation services.
Collaborating with your doctor, our team will evaluate your pain and underlying conditions to identify which tests and treatments will best resolve your pain.
We will manage your conservative treatment options, coordinate your care and ensure access to indicated treatment.
These services are offered at our Federal Way and Lakewood locations.
We accept most major insurance plans. Our patient advocates can help you review your insurance policy and determine coverage options that are best for you.
What You Need to Know
After evaluation by the provider, your treatment plan may include:
- Medical imaging. Used to help identify the cause of your pain.
- Diagnostic injections. Defines the source of pain more precisely and may temporarily decrease pain.
- Therapeutic injections. Used to diagnose and treat pain originating from the spinal nerve roots. Designed to reduce symptoms and decrease inflammation, which can result in longer-term symptom relief. Symptom relief from injections allows you to complete physical therapy or chiropractic care (if recommended by your care provider) with less pain.
- Physical and/or occupational therapy. Therapists can help improve mobility and functional ability via specific exercises, manual therapy, education and other interventions.
- EMG studies. A test to assess the health of muscles and the nerve cells that control them while they are at rest and when they’re being used.
- Surgical consultations. In some cases, surgical consultations may be recommended.
- Will you prescribe medications? Yes, we may prescribe medications to allow you to tolerate your treatments and ease your pain when appropriate.
- Will you prescribe medications on a long-term basis? Our goal is to resolve your pain. Medications may be prescribed on a short-term basis to allow you to tolerate your therapies and ease your current pain if appropriate.
- For questions about specific medications, please call our center.
What to Expect
- We’ll give you a call before your appointment to talk through preparation instructions and your past imaging exams.
- Be sure to tell us if you are pregnant, nursing, or if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. If instructed to do so, please bring prior imaging results with you.
- You will first meet with the provider who will evaluate your pain.
- From that evaluation, your individualized care plan will be developed.
- Based on your diagnosis and unique needs, your care plan could include several recommendations, including periodic re-evaluations at RAYUS.
We will keep your referring doctor informed throughout your care plan to ensure seamless care.