Michael A. Merriam, MD
Michael A. Merriam, MD is a board-certified diagnostic and neuroradiologist radiologist with Spectrum Healthcare Partners. Dr. Merriam provides professional physician services at RAYUS Radiology Marshwood Imaging Center in Maine as well as RAYUS Radiology in Maine and New Hampshire.
- Undergraduate: University of Vermont
- Medical: University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency: Surgery and Radiology residency at Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University Program in Medicine in Providence, Rhode Island
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology fellowship at Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- The American College of Radiology
- Casanova, L.A., DeMaria, E.J., Gann, D.S., Kenney, P.R., Merriam, M.A. Aggressive Trauma Care Benefits the Elderly. J Trauma. 1987.
- Casanova, L.A., DeMaria, E.J., Gann, D.S., Kenney, P.R., Merriam, M.A. Survival Alter Trauma in Geriatric Patients. Ann Surg. 1987.
- Casanova, L.A. , DeMaria, E.J., Gann, D.S., Kenney, P.R., Merriam, M.A. Do DRG Payments Adequately Reimburse the Costs of Trauma Care in Geriatric Patients? J Trauma. 1987.
- Cronan, J.J., Dorfman, G.S., Haas, R.A., Lambiase, R.E., Merriam, M.A. Radiographically Guided Percutaneous Catheter Drainage of Pleural Fluid Collections. AJR. 1988.
- Cronan, J.J., Dorfman, G.S., Merriam, M.A. The Occult Abscess: The Role of Expedient Percutaneous Catheter Drainage. J Intervent RAdiol. 1991.
- Jolesz, F.A., Merriam, M.A., Oshio, K., Size, G.S. Fast Spine-echo Imaging in the Evaluation of Intradural Disease of the Spine. AJNR. 1992.
- Merriam, M.A. & Size, G.S. Evaluation of Fast Spine-echo T2-Weighted Sequence in MR Imaging of Extradural Disease of the Spine. AJNR.
- Constable, R.T., Jolesz, F., Kawamura, Y., Merriam, M.A., Negishi, C., Oshio, K., Size, G.S. Fast Spine-echo MR Imaging of Cervical Spine: Influence of Echo Train Length and Echo Spacing on Imaging Contract and Quality. AJNR. 1993.
- Bronen, R.A., McCarthy, G., Merriam, M.A., Spencer, D.D. MR Findings After Depth Electrode Implantation for Medically Refractory Epilespy. EJNR. 1993.