Kaushik S. Shahir, MD
Kaushik S. Shahir, MD is a board certified cardio-thoracic radiologist with Medical College of Wisconsin, Inc. Dr. Shahir provides professional physician services at Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI). Dr. Shahir also serves as an assistant professor of radiology employed by the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
- Medical: Seth GS Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, India
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at Sir HN Hospital in Mumbai, India
- Fellowship: Thoracic Radiology fellowship at Medical College of Wisconsin and Affiliated Hospitals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Shahir K, Goodman LR, Tali A, Thorsen KM, Hellman, RS. Pulmonary Embolism in Pregnancy: CT Pulmonary Angiography vs Perfusion Scan – Eight-Year Experience. AJR American Journal of Roentgenology 2010; 195: W214-220
- Shahir K, Goodman LR, Wein M. Pulmonary embolism and pulmonary hypertension. In: Coche EE, Ghaye B, de Mey J, Duyck P, eds. Comparative Interpretation of CT and Standard Radiography of the Chest. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- Sosa Lozano LA, Goodman LR, Shahir K. Pulmonary Embolism: Optimizing the Diagnostic Imaging Approach. Hospital Practice 2010; Volume 38: No. 3.
- Sosa Lozano LA, Shahir K, Akbar M, Goodman, LR. A case of tracheal varices: an unusual but important cause of mural nodules in the trachea. Br J Radiol 2011; 84: e62-64e.
Scientific Papers Presented
- Shahir K, Gulsun Akpinar M, Goodman LR, Parmeswaran H. Breakthrough mucormycosis: A new threat to bone marrow transplant patients on Voriconazole prophylaxis. Received cum laude award on poster presentation at Society of Thoracic Radiology (STR). Fort Myers, FL, USA. March 2008
- Shahir K, Goodman LR, Tali A,Thorson KM, Hellman RS. Pulmonary Embolism in Pregnancy: CT Pulmonary Angiography and Perfusion Scan Quality, Outcome and Negative Predictive Value – An Eight-Year Experience. Fleischner Society. Altea, Spain. June 2009.