J. Timothy Blackwelder, MD
Dr. Blackwelder is a board-certified diagnostic radiologist and an independent contractor providing services to Medical Scanning Consultants, PA and it’s patients. Dr. Blackwelder provides professional physician services at RAYUS Radiology, with extensive training in breast imaging.
RAYUS has recently formed a partnership with Breast Diagnostic Center, where Dr. Blackwelder has been a senior partner. Prior to that he was a breast imaging specialist for Swedish Cancer Institute and the University of Kentucky.
- Undergraduate: Pacific Union College in Angwin, California
- Medical: Loma Linda University School of Medicine in San Bernardino, California
- Internship: Rotating internship in St. Luke’s Hospital in Fargo, North Dakota
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa
- Radiological Society of North America
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry
Dr. Blackwelder’s hobbies include golf, puzzles and reading, especially historical fiction of the British Navy.